Madewell added new arrivals to their website earlier this past week...another round of really nice items, and plenty to love again this time, too.
As I've mentioned many times before, I absolutely love Madewell. The casual-vibe of their clothing works well with my lifestyle, the styling on the website stays more to the understated side, the prices are often more affordable than a lot of the retailers offering similar styles, and I love that they always offer Free Shipping on ALL orders, too. The quality has been good on all the items I have ordered, and the pieces are all holding up very well so far. (I've shared pics of me wearing a couple of the jackets on my Instagram.)
If you haven't ever ordered from Madewell, you should definitely consider giving them a try...I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how much you like them, too.
Click here to check out the new arrivals, and be sure to take a peek at my personal picks below. :)
What I'm Loving...
1. Venice Blazer Coat - love the length and the overall silhouette. The way it's styled on the website with the Tie-waist Tunic Shirt is lovely, but this piece would also be the perfect blazer to wear over a dress for some added warmth this fall.
2. Plaid Blanket Poncho - this would be super cute worn over a turtleneck, and paired with skinny jeans and knee boots this fall.
3. Oversized Sweater-Jacket - love, love, love...in all three colors!
4. Striped Fringe-Edge Sweater - so pretty. I really love the colors, and the fringe detail makes it extra feminine.
5. Ex-Boyfriend Shirt in Kemp Plaid - yes please!!! Love, love, love!!!
6. Silk Courier Shirt in Foulard Dot - so pretty and feminine. It would also look lovely worn under a cardigan, pullover sweater, blazer, or leather jacket.
7. Flea Market Flares in Rollins Wash - yes please!!!
8. Gallerist Dress - this was available prior to the latest rollout, but still fabulous, and one of my favorites nonetheless. A classic piece, not to mention a wardrobe staple. (It also comes in a striped version, which actually was part of the latest rollout.)
9. 9" High Riser Skinny Skinny Jeans: Garment-Dyed Edition - love both colors...perfect to wear with knee boots, too.
10. The Transport Tote in Softdot - this one was actually available prior to this latest rollout, but is still considered one of the 'newer' arrivals. Irregardless it is one of my favorites, as I simply love the color and the large polka-dots...such a fun way to do a leather tote.
11. 9" High Riser Skinny Skinny Corduroys - I am so ready for fall, and for the chance to wear my cords again. This particular pair would be perfect for wearing with knee boots, not to mention the colors are gorgeous!
12. The Transport Rucksack - brought back again for another year...this may just be the season I go for one. Loving it in 'dark cabernet' especially, but I'm always a sucker for the 'english saddle' colorway, as well.
13. The Billie Boot in Suede - from the Madewell website: "Our wardrobe superhero is back in a more modern lower-on-the-ankle cut (with the same rich suede, walkable stacked heel and wear-with-everything silhouette). Also new? The signature pull-on loop now has a charming hand-stitched detail." I am personally loving the navy suede...wishlisted.
14. The Elin Loafer - such a fun twist on the basic loafer.
15. The Cait Boot - gorgeous, and a very wearable heel height, too. I especially love it in the 'cigar' colorway.
16. Shapeline Bracelet Set - dainty and feminine. Love them stacked, but you could also wear each one on its own.
17. Pivot Pendant Necklace - this was also offered last year, and happened to be such a big hit that they brought it back...I'm especially loving it in 'tiger's eye'.
18. Stargraph Double-Finger Ring - so fun to have the 'two-in-one'.
19. Portland Striped Scarf - this one actually came out last year, and happens to be so fabulous that they brought it back again. You can see my review here, and see it on me here and here.
20. Openweave Scarf in Scottsdale Plaid - this is another one they've brought back. I have it in this color and love it. You can see it on me here.
21. Openweave Scarf in Fulton Plaid - love it so much in the red plaid, that I just may get this one, too...definitely on my wishlist.
That's it for now...what are your thoughts on the new arrivals at Madewell? Do you have your eye on anything in particular? Please do share! :)
Sunday, August 30, 2015
Saturday, August 29, 2015
How absolutely adorable is this dress? The shirtdress silhouette is my favorite (along with the maxidress), so it's really no surprise at all that this one caught my eye!
Love everything about it...the style, the colors, the length, and the slightly whimsical print, not to mention the fact that it's now on sale!
This dress would be so lovely to wear now with a pair of sandals while the temps are warm, would easily transition into fall when paired with a cardigan and knee boots, then you could pull it out again next spring to wear with a cardigan and sandals...easily a three season dress.
What are your thoughts on the Tory Burch Stretch Poplin Shirtdress? Have you had the chance to see it IRL, or possibly even try it on? Do you own it? If so, how do you feel about the quality and fit? Please do share...I always love to hear from you! :)
Thursday, August 27, 2015
Monday, August 24, 2015
Can anyone else relate? Some days are worse than others, aren't they?
In what form do you prefer your daily dose? Coffee, tea, soda?
Personally, my daily dose of caffeine comes in the form of coffee...Yuban Dark Roast with a generous splash of heavy whipping cream to be exact. This brand and roast of coffee really has such a nice flavor, and is quite affordable, as far as coffee prices go...I recommend giving it a try if you get the chance. (Coffee also available for purchase here.)
I think that one of the best 'perks' of enjoying a hot cup of coffee or tea, is all the different styles and designs of mugs available. Anthropologie has some really adorable ones here and here. I also love this set and this set from Sundance. They would work well with my home décor, and just may go onto my wishlist, although I do already have several different mugs that I like to drink my coffee out of while at home. Now for taking it on the road with me, I use a Bubba Mug similar to this one. Bubba Mugs do come in many different colors and designs, so if you prefer something a little more 'flashy' or colorful, there is certain to be one that will fit the bill. :)
Does your daily ritual include a dose of caffeine? Do you have a favorite brand of coffee or tea? What about flavors? Do you drink yours with or without cream? How many cups per day?
Please do share...I always love to hear from you! :)
Friday, August 21, 2015
Hello my lovelies! I hope you've had a terrific week, and are looking forward to a fabulous weekend ahead! Today I am sharing a Pumpkin Spice Muffin recipe that is so easy peasy to make! It just takes TWO ingredients! That's right...only two, and the muffins are incredibly moist and oh so yummy!
You may just want to eat more than one! ;)
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
*1 Box Spice Cake Mix
*1 Can Pure Pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease your muffin pan
3. Mix the cake mix and pumpkin together in a bowl
4. Spoon the batter into the pan
5. Bake according to the directions for muffins on the box (usually 15 minutes or so)
That's it. I'm not kidding! They are INCREDIBLY EASY to make, and will disappear as quick as lightning...especially if you have kiddos around!
Do let me know what you think if you give them a try! Have a lovely weekend! :)
Thursday, August 20, 2015
Life can be difficult or stressful no matter your circumstance...where you live and work, whether you're married or single, have a child, lots of children, or no children at all. I believe that in these times it is extra important to think of all the good things in your life, no matter how small, as it really does help to put your focus on the positive. Instead of being caught up in all the 'bad stuff' happening in your life, it can help to change your attitude into one of gratitude, making your present life and circumstances much more enjoyable.
It's All a Matter of Perspective...
"One day a very wealthy father took his son on a trip to the country for the sole purpose of showing his son how it was to be poor. They spent a few days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family.
After their return from the trip, the father asked his son how he liked the trip. “It was great, Dad,” the son replied. “Did you see how poor people can be?” the father asked. “Oh Yeah,” said the son.
“So what did you learn from the trip?” asked the father. The son answered, “I saw that we have one dog and they had four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night. Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon.
We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight. We have servants who serve us, but they serve others.
We buy our food, but they grow theirs. We have walls around our property to protect us, they have friends to protect them.” The boy’s father was speechless. Then his son added, “It showed me just how poor we really are.”
Too many times we forget what we have and concentrate on what we don’t have. What is one person’s worthless object is another’s prize possession. It is all based on one’s perspective.
Sometimes it takes the perspective of a child to remind us what’s important."
Have a beautiful and blessed day! :)
Tuesday, August 18, 2015
Last month Madewell sent out an email with a private link for shoppers to get 'first dibs' on their
Fall 2015 Collection. The styling and looks are once again understated and unfussy, with wearable pieces that are ultimately chic and sophisticated in a casual way.
I always think it's interesting to look back on the previews of the items for inspiration once they are available on the website...don't you? Click here to see the collection. I've broken down each outfit, noting the items in each one so you can 'Get the Look'.
*Long Plaid Tunic - not yet available (Similar)
*Plaid Scarf - (Similar)
*Blanket Cape - not yet available (Similar)
What are your thoughts on the looks for the Madewell Fall 2015 Collection? Do you like the styling? Is there any particular look or looks you think you'll be copying this season? Please do share!
**I'll be posting Part Two of this 'Get the Look' series sometime soon, and will try to give updates as the various items become available over the course of the next few months.
Have a lovely day! :)
Monday, August 17, 2015
Friday, August 14, 2015
Last month my parents (who are visiting from Florida) and I took a road trip over to
Wallace, Idaho, a quaint little town which also happens to be where "The Center of the Universe" is, or so they claim. (The mayor of Wallace officially proclaimed it so in 2004 after finding that the EPA followed logic along the lines of “if something can’t be disproven, it must be true”…)
A little more about Wallace (taken from their Facebook Page..."Wallace is a historic city in the Panhandle region of the U.S. state of Idaho and the county seat of Shoshone County in the Silver Valley mining district. Wallace sits alongside the South Fork Coeur d'Alene River (and Interstate 90) and the town's population was 784 at the 2010 census.
Wallace is the principal town of the Coeur d'Alene silver-mining district, which produced more silver than any other mining district in the United States. Burke-Canyon Road runs through historic mining communities – many of them now deserted – north and eastward toward the Montana state line. East of Wallace, the Route of the Hiawatha (rails-to-trails) and the Lookout Pass ski area are popular with locals and tourists.
The elevation is 2,728 feet (831 m) above sea level."
The drive over to Wallace from my home in Montana, is absolutely breathtaking, and is one that my family always enjoys everytime we make the trip to Shriners Hospital for Children in Spokane, for my son's clinic visits. The road we travel follows the Clark Fork River winding through the majestic mountains from Montana into Idaho...
If you ever get the chance to travel that way, you really should, as it is an utterly enjoyable, and completely unforgettable drive.
While in Wallace, we browsed the local shops, and ate lunch at 1313 Club Historic Saloon & Grill, where the food was fabulous, and the prices reasonable. The local shop owners are incredibly friendly, and offer goods ranging from vintage and antique items, to silver handcrafted jewelry, to snow sleds and antlers. There is definitely something for everyone.
After lunch we looked around the town a little more, and then we decided that we would each have our photos taken at "The Center of the Universe" before hitting the road again on our further travels. Here is yours truly...
Get the Look:
*Mossimo Supply Co. Lavinia Gladiator Sandals - Similar
So that's a little snippet of what I've been up to lately...what about you? How has your summer been? Have you taken any road-trips or vacations this year?
Please do share...I always love hearing from you!
That's it for now...have an amazing weekend, my lovelies!
P.S. There's a great sale going on at Madewell right now: Save an Extra 30% off Promo-Priced Items & Sale Styles! Check out this post over at the Madewell Simplified blog for more details, as well as a list of the items currently on promo.
Sunday, August 9, 2015
Hello there...it's been quite a long while since we've chatted, hasn't it? I truly apologize for the extended radio silence, as I had not intended to be quiet for so many months.
You see, as 2014 came to a close, I began to suffer a rather severe case of blogger and social media burnout, and just did not have the inspiration or desire to blog about anything. I really needed a break from the computer in general, and over the past half year or so, I have been limiting my time online, and have not been on social media all that much. Granted, I have still utilized my computer (it didn't grow any cobwebs), as well as done my fair share of online shopping (a necessity in the small time where I live) and such, but honestly not to the extent I was when I had been blogging full time.
To my followers: I want to say a heart felt THANK YOU to all of you who have sent me emails, or left comments on my blog posts, inquiring where I am, and sending your well wishes for me and my family...they truly meant so much to me, and I appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to let me know that I was missed.
On the home front, the family and I have been doing well, and really enjoying our life here in Montana. Since moving out here at the beginning of last year, we have settled in nicely to our new community, found a new church home, and have developed wonderful new friendships. We continue to homeschool our three youngest boys, and our eldest son (who just turned 17 earlier this past week) will be attending the local Christian Academy full time this year. Life continues to be full as we further our journey and adventures out here in the Northwest Rocky Mountains.
As for the future of my blogs All Things Simplified and Madewell Simplified...now that I have taken an extended break, and feel as if I am no longer suffering from blogger and social media burnout, I do have plans to start posting again on a fairly regular basis, if all goes well. No promises that I will have the amount of content that I once did, but I do hope you'll check in every day or two to see what I have to share.
To all of you who had followed me before, I truly hope that you will come back to join me in my further shopping, domestic, and life adventures! I hope you'll bring your friends, too...
the more, the merrier! :)