As most of you probably already know, Nordstrom offers Free Shipping and Free Returns on all purchases made on their website. Returns can also be made to your local Nordstrom department store if you prefer. I want to also share a few things about Nordstrom that you may or may not know:
1. Nordstrom carries brands such as Vince, Madewell, Kate Spade New York, Diane von Furstenberg, Trina Turk, Milly, and Tory Burch, as well as many others. (As I have mentioned in previous posts, this is a great place to pick up items from these designers at fantastic prices with no risk, since returns are so easy. They also carry designer brands such as Valentino, Jason Wu, and Burberry, to name a few, as well as their own store brands which offer well-made items at very reasonable prices.
2. There is no Final Sale, no time limit on returns, and all purchases made are 100% guaranteed. (The only exception to this is purchasing from Nordstrom Rack, which has a 30-day return policy.)
3. Price Matching: Nordstrom will match competitor's pricing if you ever find an item offered, in the same color and size, available from a similar retailer. Call 1-888-282-6060 to place your order (I have also done this successfully via online chat).
(From the Nordstrom site: "Please note that designer goods and cosmetics are not included in this policy. We are unable to match prices from auction and outlet stores or websites, as well as other retailers' discount promotions, shipping offers and gift card offers.")
4. Sale Adjustments: If an item you have purchased is reduced in price within two weeks of your order date, they will adjust the sale price for you (only one sale adjustment per item and designer goods originally purchased on sale are excluded).
5. Purchase Online and pick up in the store. On each product page there is a 'Pick Up In Store' option where you enter your zip code to see if the item is available for you locally. If so, you have the option of paying for it online, then picking it up later at your local store.
6. Wishlist and Save for Later Shopping Bag Features: Like an item, but you aren't quite ready to buy yet or want to wait for a lower price? Then save the item to your Wishlist or in your shopping bag to check on at a later date. (Registration required, but extremely easy to do.)
7. Easy Alterations: Every Nordstrom store has on-site alterations and tailoring. Simply take any items you would like altered and your packing slip to a store near you. Fees for this service are determined after the item has been fitted, based on the complexity of your request. Select services are free on full-priced merchandise.
8. Fashion Rewards: Earn points shopping, get complimentary alterations, and early access to pre-shop the Anniversary Sale when you use the Nordstrom credit or debit card (more detail available on the website).
I have personally shopped at Nordstrom online numerous times over the past several months and have had nothing but good experiences. In fact, I have many items in my 'Saved for Later' shopping bag that I continue to watch in contemplation of a future purchase. I highly recommend shopping Nordstrom online...excellent customer service, fantastic sale prices, Free Shipping/Free Returns, easy alterations, and price matching. It is basically 'risk-free' shopping...it doesn't get much better than that! :)
Here are some of my picks:
*Diane von Furstenberg'New Jeanne Two' Print Silk Wrap Dress in chain link
Have you done any shopping at Nordstrom online lately? If not, is there anything you have your eye on? Are you planning to purchase in the near future? Please do share...I always love to hear from you! :)